Zucchini Chocolate Cake III

Zucchini. I don't plant zucchini in my garden because it seems like those who do ALWAYS have lots to share. And guess who got 3 large zucchini last week from a friend....this girl! All Recipes has a great chocolate zucchini cake recipe that was very easy to make and my kids liked it :) You can find the recipe here but I've also listed it below along with the cream cheese frosting I topped it with (dairy good!!).

Zucchini Chocolate Cake III
Visit allrecipes.com for more ideas

2 C. all-purpose Flour
2 C. white sugar
3/4 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
2tsp. baking soda
1tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 eggs
1 1/2 C. vegetable oil
3 C. grated zucchini
1 1/2 C. chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees;  grease and flour a 9X13 inch baking pan. Mix first 7 ingredients well, add eggs and vegetable oil, fold in zucchini and nuts. Pour into pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Top with your favorite frosting.

The frosting I used calls for:
1/2 8oz cream cheese
1/4 C. butter, softened
1 C. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. milk

No comments:

Post a Comment