Homemade Potato Soup

There are days when I just want comfort food. Something about a familiar food that calms me.  Whether it is the middle of July or a winter get together I go to my momma's homemade potato soup. 

Today I turned to this recipe in my cook book. The first bowl I ate was so hot that I followed with a second bowl just so I could enjoy all the different ingredients.  This homemade potato soup has potatoes, celery, bacon and ham. It is hearty and delicious & includes dairy.

Homemade Potato Soup
Ingredients:
2-3# potatoes (cubed)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
Milk
Bacon (cooked)
Ham (cubed)
Celery (optional)

Directions
Cut and boil potatoes for 30 minutes. Drain 3/4 of the water from pot when potatoes are soft. Add cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup. Add one can of milk for each. Add remaining ingredients as desired. Cook on medium for 1 hour.

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment. Or click on the share button to save it.

You can always follow along with my family on our dairy farm on Facebook and Instagram @michiganfarmgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment