I'm the kind of farm wife that sees a green tractor without a cab, not a JD4020.
I'm the kind of farm wife that says we have a cool glass jar the milk goes through before it pumps into the tank, not a glass receiving jar.
I'm the kind of farm wife that makes hamburger helper, not casserole.
I'm the kind of farm wife who names her cows and their calves and can tell you their dams and grand-dams, not what they score on a body chart.
I'm the kind of farm wife who yells at her farmer when he is being a jerk and yells at her kids when they won't listen. I don't keep up on the laundry, I don't mop or clean windows or bake pies.
I'm the kind of farm wife who will bring her husband a beer and tell him to take a day off. I will schedule myself more days than I can handle and eventually hit a wall and break down.
I'm the kind of farm wife who drags her feet on Saturday morning milkings because it's quiet in the barn and as soon as I step inside the house the real work begins.
I may not be the kind of farm wife he wanted.
I may not be the kind of farm wife I expected myself to be.
But I jumped into this and WE jumped into this. And days are long and kids really dirty a lot of laundry. And we just aren't to the day yet when I feel organized and planned. And I don't know if that day will ever come. And you know.... I don't think I will ever care that the tractor has a number.
I may not be the kind of farm wife I expected myself to be.
But I jumped into this and WE jumped into this. And days are long and kids really dirty a lot of laundry. And we just aren't to the day yet when I feel organized and planned. And I don't know if that day will ever come. And you know.... I don't think I will ever care that the tractor has a number.
I'm may just need to be good with the kind of farm wife I am.
This is wonderful! And exactly right. I recently discovered your blog and I'm catching up, keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteThank you and welcome!
ReplyDelete