This is me

I didn't grow up on any type of farm, my knowledge of livestock and crops was from a farm tour I took back in the first grade.
When I say my husband is determined, I don't say it lightly. He knew he wanted to be a dairy farmer from an early age and he worked so hard to get his own equipment and a barn to start in. I am sure our parents sometimes wish we had chosen a different path, but they support us and that means the world.
Three weeks after we said "I do" we started our own dairy farm.  Now all I talk about is cows, well my kids and cows.
We have three children, 6, 4 and 20 months. Having my children grow up on the farm is crazy, but in a good way. They are learning things that I hope they carry with them for life.
For me.... I work on the farm and most days with manure in my hair. I own more barn clothes than good clothes and when I put make-up on my kids think we are doing something special. 
This farm is far from perfect, but we are working at it day by day. Also, our farm doesn't operate like anyone else's so I'm not going to try and educate anyone. I just want to show you what we do, because I think our farm life is kind of cool.
Follow along daily on Facebook and Instagram @ Michigan Farm Girl
Farm on. -Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment